Page 2 of 5

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:26 am
by Leonardo
I dunno what you say, but I say this is probably the worst fan made video I've seen and I don't like it one bit.


Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:50 am
by dietbob196045
Interesting

I got no idea what this is attempting to do    Odd yet Funny
At least it was only 10 minutes

I just finished watching the original series for I think the 100th time,   Not much new stuff on Netflix  


Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:34 am
by Leonardo
Today I found another Axanar video and I'm exciting to watch other Axanar videos.


Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:06 am
by Leonardo
This video has something that people are usually talking about, especially those people who are older than 40-50 years old and what I mean is how it was in the past, but also how present time has evolved during ones lifetime.



What I am referring to is in the end of the video.

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2019 2:29 pm
by dietbob196045
Yup

I have seen a lot of change...  some ok  but most .... well let's just say,  some need to stop and think about what they do !!!

Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:13 pm
by Leonardo
Sometimes I often view my queue of games in Steam shop and today I got a Star Trek Timelines game in my queue, which is free to play aside from the DLC of course.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/6007 ... Timelines/

It has nice graphics, but the GUI aren't user friendly and sometimes it is a little confusing.  I try it a for about 10-15 minutes before I exit it.

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:48 pm
by dietbob196045
Thanks for this  I'll have to give it a try

Speaking of Star Trek in this case the Original

What in your opinion are the Worst Episodes

I have 3 I think were totally Stupid      #1  Spock's Brain   #2 The Lights of Zetar and  #3 Turnabout Intruder  

Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:19 am
by Leonardo
I haven't watched the original serie much in recent years mostly due to the fact that I don't have Netflix, but also I am far more interested to watch DS9, Voyager and sometimes TNG.

So, I don't remember the worse episodes in the original serie.  Although, I recall one episode and that's about the alien create, the amoeba I think, there Dr. McCoy is suppose to do something to the alien creature.

And he said "Jim, I am a doctor and not a veterinarian".  Do you remember what episode I am talking about?  :chinscratch:

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:26 am
by Leonardo
I remember there is a video on YouTube about the episode I was referring to in my previous post, so I decided to have a look, but instead I found a teaser video for the upcoming Star Trek - Picard serie.


Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:20 am
by dietbob196045
Leonardo wrote:I haven't watched the original serie much in recent years mostly due to the fact that I don't have Netflix, but also I am far more interested to watch DS9, Voyager and sometimes TNG.

So, I don't remember the worse episodes in the original serie.  Although, I recall one episode and that's about the alien create, the amoeba I think, there Dr. McCoy is suppose to do something to the alien creature.

And he said "Jim, I am a doctor and not a veterinarian".  Do you remember what episode I am talking about?  :chinscratch:


The episode was called  The Devil in the Dark, the creature was a Horta  silicon based life from, spock mind melded with it   I remember it well   LOL


Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 4:24 pm
by Leonardo
Now, that you mention it I remember some parts of it.  Which reminds me about a TNG episode sequence I recently watched on YouTube and I tried to find it.

Anyway, in that episode the Enterprise was on a mission and suddenly they encounter a spieces sort of a water creature, but after the alien become hostile the Enterprise actually kill it, so they transported the alien aboard and examine it.

During the examination they discovered another living life form inside the dead one, so after being transported back into space the Enterprise used a phaser to open up the dead alien and out came a child, but after the child notice his parent was dead at the same time the Enterprise was moving anyway from the spot the child saw Enterprise as it is mother.

It grabbed on the Enterprise and hanged on for quite a while until the Enterprise reached an asteriod field and after a moment a lot of creatures gathered in front of the Enterprise, which soon enough explained to the crew on the Enterprise what kind of aliens those creatures were.

Do you remember what TNG episode I am referring to?  :chinscratch:

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 7:10 pm
by dietbob196045
Leonardo wrote:Do you remember what TNG episode I am referring to?  :chinscratch:


Galaxy's Child    I had to think abou this one for a bit   lol


Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:18 am
by Crazy Greggy
My fave STNG ep is the one where Picard relives the life of a man on a doomed world through a memory transferal from a Time Capsule ( also the name of the ep if I'm not mistaken ) Was one of the most poignant - usually end up with a tear or two. As for worst Original eps - Diet Bob, you picked two that end up on every ones list. For cringe worthyness though I Mudd has some seriously tragic moments while The Way To Eden is such a ill conceived attempt to appeal to the " Hip" generation.

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:36 am
by dietbob196045
I remember that one,  I would put that on my list of best episodes in any of the Trek Series

All Trekkies think alike I suppose,  yes the I Mudd was not all that great either for the most part comparing to other SIFY (which really isn't fair) it was overall pretty cheesy

You could count on a few things in any episode - Kirk was gonna fight something and make out with the babe of the episode, with a few exceptions
Spock was gonna mind meld with some creature
McKoy was gonna get in spock's ass about something - I don't think he really liked Vulcans    lol
and Scotty was gonna fix something that in his words - There is nothing that can stop it

regardless I will and have continued to watch it  :)


Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:24 pm
by Leonardo
Alright guys, here is one of my favorite DS9 video aside for space battles of course.



Just listen to what Quark said to Dr. Bashir when he asked "What have you been doing?".

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:49 pm
by dietbob196045
It gets boring on a space station, got to find new things (or people) to do :)


Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:05 pm
by Crazy Greggy
Oh, I grew to love DS9 just because it spent so much time exploring interpersonal relations. And Ferengi culture. Lots of Ferengi culture. Wallace Shawn as Grand Negus was an inspired choice of actor and one of my fave guest stars. As a continuing story-line the final 4 seasons of DS9 rank as the greatest.

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:12 pm
by dietbob196045
Crazy Greggy wrote:Oh, I grew to love DS9 just because it spent so much time exploring interpersonal relations. And Ferengi culture. Lots of Ferengi culture. Wallace Shawn as Grand Negus was an inspired choice of actor and one of my fave guest stars. As a continuing story-line the final 4 seasons of DS9 rank as the greatest.


Mr. Shawn was perfect in that role !!!

Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:58 am
by Leonardo
Crazy Greggy wrote:Oh, I grew to love DS9 just because it spent so much time exploring interpersonal relations. And Ferengi culture. Lots of Ferengi culture. Wallace Shawn as Grand Negus was an inspired choice of actor and one of my fave guest stars. As a continuing story-line the final 4 seasons of DS9 rank as the greatest.

Me too, but don't forget the other cultures e.g Bajoran, Cardassian, Changelings, Klingons, Jem H'dar (white fuid very toxic to the Jem H'dar), and some aspects of the Thrill culture plus a couple of other cultures.

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:26 pm
by dietbob196045
All of them play a significant part of the Roddenberry world, each portraying a different culture and aspect of our own Earth
Oddly many thought that the Klingons represented Russia... but in fact it was the Japanese



Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:41 am
by Leonardo
dietbob196045 wrote:All of them play a significant part of the Roddenberry world, each portraying a different culture and aspect of our own Earth
Oddly many thought that the Klingons represented Russia... but in fact it was the Japanese

The Maquis would be the American indians and the Romulans could be the Russians or the Chinese.

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:34 am
by dietbob196045
It was actually Roman's

I always thought Germany because of the Neutral Zone being similar to the DMZ (West/East Berlin)  

but this:  "Paul Schneider (one of the writers)  modeled the Romulans on the ancient Romans"

Though nothing is really in stone regarding who or what the races were modeled from, it is said that the Cardassians represented an opposing force to the Bajorans  WHO supposedly represented The Palestinians/Irish Republic kinda culture  ???   who knows

The Maquis didn't represent any specific race or culture they were a mixture of peoples and modeled from the the "Maquis" of the French Revolution or similar
they were in fact terrorists though it is also said that they represented the French Freedom Fighters of WWII

Sooooo  if any of this information is accurate  Then the Bajorans would be Palestinians/Irish Republic, the Cardassian's would represent the opposing government IE Britian or Isreal and the Maquis would be the small cells of resisters to those government controllers  

Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:12 pm
by Leonardo

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:02 pm
by dietbob196045
I am wondering how closely (besides the Characters) they will follow the Book ?

Enjoy
Dietbob

Re: The Star Trek thread

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:25 am
by Leonardo
What book?  :wibble:

Anyway, I dunno what to say about this trailer as it seems repeating old stuff to the death in a modern version, because I don't see why is it necessary to go back to the early days of the original Star Trek series.

That also applies for Star Trek Beyond and the Star Trek Into Darkness movies.




Both these videos are basically the same crap as the Star Trek Discovery.