Page 1 of 1

Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 1:42 am
by KyleKatarn
Mods to be listed as i obtain copys of them.
  

Naruto Ultimate Overhaul v2.4b
LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ay725rr6dq9f ... b.zip?dl=0
Listed Because:  Removed from Nexus, Rumor is a false copyright claim was made against it. Unable to contact author.

If you would like to have your mod removed from this post, message me and once i confirm you are the original author it will be removed.
Post links removed mods here and ill add them to this post.

I have more to add tommorow (its 4AM here) and ill be creating threads similiar for all games with Subforums here.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:26 pm
by Drakkmore
KyleKatarn wrote:Lately the Nexus admins have decided they don't want to be fair so i've decided that ill create a thread for mods that are removed via:
   - A user being banned for the Nexus (Theyve started banning for no reason)

We will allow mods from users that have been banned from Nexus providing they do not violate any of the conditions stated through out the rest of my response.

 
KyleKatarn wrote:  - Mods removed for illegitimate reasons (Theyve been removing mods that are controversial, such as Jihadi or ISIS (Daesh) mods, also not valid reasons not to host a mod. Example is Jihadist Super Mutant Suiciders, which was meant as satire and used music from an ISIS (Daesh) execution video)

I am discussing this with Fliggerty, and the other staff members of GHF right now, but I suspect that mods mocking religious groups that differ from the modders religion will probably not be tolerated. Even if that religious group is a hate group that throws out all semblances of humanity when it comes to dealing with people that disagree with their religion, or disagree with them. I will be getting back to you on what ever we decide. It has been discussed, and any mod making fun of ANY religious group regardless of their ideals will not be tolerated here. It goes against the philosophy of GHF. This closes the discussion on this particular subject.
 
KyleKatarn wrote:  - Mods removed for using ported models (Not a valid reason not to host a mod)

  • Using ported assets from games where the developers have not given permissions to port their assets to other games (the only Franchise that comes to mind right now as being free for porting with the consent of the developers,and the company that owns the intellectual property is the Witcher owned, and distributed by CD PROJEKT RED) then distributing said ported assets on the internet is illegal in 90% of the worlds sovereign nations. As such it will not be tolerated here.
  • Mods using other modder's assets against their wishes also will not be tolerated. If a modder does not want their assets used in mods outside of their own mods, we at GHF will always do our best to comply with the wishes of those authors. Which is why we do not distribute mods that the authors have expressly asked that we do not share. Mods that use other peoples assets with the permission of the creator of those assets permission will be allowed.
  • Mods using Assets from other Bethesda Softworks games is against the EUA that you all read, and agreed to by installing the games (you have to click on the agreement to even install the games so don't say that you never agreed to it), and therefore illegal. Bethesda has taken legal action against modders that have ported assets from Oblivion to
  • Morrowind, or from Morrowind to Oblivion, and the same goes for assets from Skyrim to Morrowind, or Oblivion,and vise versa. Mods that port assets from Vanilla Bethesda games to Skyrim will not be tolerated here either.
  • Mods ported from mods for other Bethesda games will be tolerated as long as they are not ported from DLC, mods where the author has expressly stated that they do not want their assets shared, or used in other peoples mods, or mods that are a straight ripoff of other modders work.
 
KyleKatarn wrote:  - Mods removed with no explanation (Until we hear that an author has made it clear they do not want it hosted, go ahead and link it here)

This is acceptable, and we will even endorse this behavior. As long as it does not violate The previous reasons for being taken down from any other sites, or the reason given below as not acceptable by the OP.
 
KyleKatarn wrote:  - Mods unavailable elsewhere with no explanation

Also acceptable, and encouraged. Despite the evidence to the contrary as given by me in my responses to the OP we really do wish to save as many mods for Skyrim as we can. We just have an obligation to the law, and the artists who create the content that they may not wish shared outside of their control.

Currently mods from/removed for the following reasons ARE NOT allowed

 
KyleKatarn wrote:  - Mods removed by the authors themselves (Not my decision and i disagree with it, this was an (to remain unnamed) GFH Admins decision.

This covers mods that the Author expressly forbids the redistribution of, or mods that use assets that the Author forbids redistribution of. These mods will be removed., and so will mods that violate any other condition provided by me above.

Naruto Ultimate Overhaul v2.4b
LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4ay725rr6dq9f ... b.zip?dl=0
Listed Because:  Removed from Nexus, Rumor is a false copyright claim was made against it. Unable to contact author.

KyleKatarn wrote:If you would like to have your mod removed from this post, message me and once i confirm you are the original author it will be removed.
Post links removed mods here and ill add them to this post.

I have more to add tommorow (its 4AM here) and ill be creating threads similiar for all games with Subforums here.

Just remember the things that have been mentioned in my post about your decisions as to what will be allowed, and what will not be allowed.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 12:32 pm
by Fliggerty
For the most part, I applaud your intentions here. I fully agree and empathize with the overall notion that there are places that remove mods and users for seemingly petty reasons. In such cases, GHF is a welcome home.

That being said, there are a few things that I must highlight.

First, please review our rules and policies, which you implicitly agreed to abide to when creating your member account: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3384

KyleKatarn wrote:- A user being banned for the Nexus (Theyve started banning for no reason)

Frankly, I find "banning for no reason" a hard pill to swallow. Regardless, all are welcome here until they make themselves unwelcome. Public discussion which slanders other community sites and administrators is inappropriate.

   - Mods removed for illegitimate reasons (Theyve been removing mods that are controversial, such as Jihadi or ISIS mods, also not valid reasons not to host a mod. Example is Jihadist Super Mutant Suiciders, which was meant as satire and used music from an ISIS execution video)

Such mods will not be tolerated here as they violate rule #1. Civility and respect are the primary motivators here; and yes, satire often violates both of those principles.

    - Mods removed for using ported models (Not a valid reason not to host a mod)

Incredibly valid reason -- perhaps the most valid of all. Copyright violation is not taken lightly. Please thoroughly read our Plagiarism and Copyright Practices policy.  

    - Mods removed with no explanation (Until we hear that an author has made it clear they do not want it hosted, go ahead and link it here)

GHF staff have the final word in all administrative actions. If such action directly involves you, then you have right and privilege to know the reasoning and may inquire privately. If it does not involve you, do not assume that an explanation was not provided.

    - Mods unavailable elsewhere with no explanation

This! This is the reason MMH exists.  :punkrock:

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 4:38 pm
by Leonardo
Fliggerty wrote:
KyleKatarn wrote:     - Mods removed for using ported models (Not a valid reason not to host a mod)

Incredibly valid reason -- perhaps the most valid of all. Copyright violation is not taken lightly. Please thoroughly read our Plagiarism and Copyright Practices policy.  

Here is the thread.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:03 am
by KyleKatarn
When you buy a game, in my mind, you have just paid to port the content. I guess i'm just tired of seeing really cool, very impressive, mods being taken down because it contained ported content. ALOT of communitys accept it. I dont understand why this community does not. Oh well, this is why im renting a webserver and getting web address one of these days.

A quick thought: How the hell do we even disprove/prove that something has ported content? If somethings high enough quality it could be similiar looking. High Quality texture remakes can also look similiar. We need a 100 percent foolproof method. I don't know how we intend to create a complete mod archive if Satire and Ported content are not allowed as those account for a LARGE amount of mods (Including alot of the more visually impressive mods). Oh well, i guess we will have to regret letting so much history disappear later. I come from the Need for Speed and Star Trek side of modding and in those communitys porting is the standard method of getting a high quality model so forgive me for my inability to understand.

Oh well, until i figure out how we prove stuff is ported/not ported i'll just upload anything that the author didnt state as ported. To prove its ported we would need the supposed ''original'' models to do a wireframe comparison which is an Issue. Im not going to accept random screenshots handed to random Nexus admins by Random Users as proof of something being ported. I dont even think the Nexus verifys these things.

Is it possible ported content could be added to a restricted section similiar to mods that have been denied public hosting here? At least that way they wont be lost forever. There as valuable as any other mod.

P.S. Fliggerty please edit my post to comply with your new set of rules for my thread. Youre post overall is just confusing to me and im not sure whats ok and what isnt at this point.


I dont like the current trends of denying mods for these reasons, but Its not my choice here on MMH.
I'll upload anything i have reason to believe isnt ported.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 4:14 am
by Drakkmore
Kyle people like me that can open up a game, and look at it's meshes, and textures can tell.
Also making an item from scratch that looks exactly, just like the original with every little flaw in the mesh, and having the texture look exactly the same is called Plagiarism. Making that identical mesh use an identical texture right down to the very smallest detail (details can be on the size of one pixel), is also called Plagiarism.Just like taking a report, and copying it exactly down to the last word is called Plagiarism. As a mesh modeler, and a texture maker myself I would call BS if another said they made this identical Mesh using an identical Texture (and I'd be right in calling BS 99.99999999% of the time), for one simple reason, most of us Modeler/Texturers are what is commonly known as artists, and we are also what is commonly known as humans. As Artists we like to put in our own little details, and make artistic changes to things to ensure that they are more to our liking then the originals are (99% of artists will do this even when forging a great work of art 99% can not resist the temptation to change something). That is why we do what we do. Being Human we do what every sing human being on the planet do, and that is we make mistakes. I don't care how much training, or schooling you have, or how careful you are you still make mistakes. Everybody makes mistakes. Around here we have what are called artists that do very high quality work, and put in an effort to make very high quality product. It is called ethics, and if you haven't got them then you need to learn about them, and gain some. It's also about respect those of us that make, our own models, and textures know exactly how hard it is to do, and we respect the efforts of the developers that make video games professionally. We also expect to get the same respect from people that have never made a mesh, or texture of their own (no using a photograph set to specific dimensions to work with a game engine is NOT making a texture!).


Nobody said Satire mods were not acceptable there are a lot of satire mods around, and 80ish% are acceptable. It's when you start making mods out of hatred that ridicule another religious/ethnic groups then that is where the problem begins. If you are having trouble distinguishing between satire, and ridiculing a religious/ethnic group then you probably need to consult with our old friend Webster on the definitions of satire, and ridicule. Here is a hint Satire is done out of fun for everybody involved including the party being satired upon. Ridicule is done out of hatred, and petty meanness. It is hateful to the party being ridiculed, and will not be tolerated here.

As to a restricted section of any Skyrim modding History page. That will be up to the boss.

I do not believe we will be editing the OP, as anyone reading this thread will understand the restrictions listed by both myself,and Arch-magister Fliggerty. I believe that everyone here can use their brain, and squeeze out a little bit of common sense.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:43 pm
by KyleKatarn
The Jihadi Super Mutant Mod didnt make fun of a legitimate religious or ethenic group. It made fun of a Terrorist Militant Group thats soul purpose is to murder by the thousands

So if porting isnt allowed, and making similiar models isnt ok. How do we get high quality Crysis Nanosuits, or High Quality Bloodbugs from Fallout etc into other games like Skyrim?

Also ive removed the top portion of my post until i have time to rewrite it.

I may be done uploading here. Too many restrictions here to save all the mods that need to be saved. Im also considering having my mods (assuming they still are uploaded there) removed from MMH so i can host them on a more unrestricted site, not sure if im going to do that though.

Hell one of Mr.Swivvlers texture packs on MMH contains the Imperial City Sidewalk Texture from Oblivion xD, and you guys never noticed.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:10 pm
by Drakkmore
The Jihadi Super Mutant mod ridicules a group of people that are extremists in their religious views. They may be a terrorist Militant group, but they are doing so because That is how they interpret their religious Holy book's teachings. Regardless as to what they do it is still a religious group. They are also 99% Arab which makes them an ethnic group.

You need to learn how to think about the things you read. What I said is if the mesh, and texture are are identical to the original then the chances are 99% that it is an illegal port that somebody who wants praise, and attention is trying to claim as their own work. in other words it is stolen assets.
If nano suits, and Blood bugs meshes, and textures are come from the vanilla FO, or Crysis games then they would be in violation of the sites rules, and would be moved to the restricted distribution page. If they are made from scratch by a modeler,a nd textures are made from scratch by a texture artist (possible they are made by the same person), then they will show it as I described in my previous post.

Thank you for pointing out that Mister Swivvlier has ported Oblivion assets to a mod hosted on MMH. I am not the senior Curator, nor am I a MMH Staff member. As I have stated before I am an Admin to these forums, and it is not my job to go through every single mod that is uploaded to MMH.My job is to remind people of the forum rules when they decide that the rules do not apply to them, and continue to break said rules, and consistently back talk the forum moderators, and Admins. However if you would be so kind as to name the offending texture pack I will move the mod to restricted distribution, and send Mr. Swivvlier (are you sure that this is spelled correctly it looks off to me) a warning about his use of vanilla Oblivion assets in a Morrowind mod (see we're not nearly as bad as you make us out to be on other forums this would result in an immediate ban for the mod author).

Also remember if you could please about the profanity. It is a violation of the forum guidelines.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:53 pm
by KyleKatarn
I will not call anyone out (as if i remember which of his 20 texture packs its in?) as personally i like how they look in Morrowind. I always use his packs so i sorta need those around. Suffice to say i have my reasons not to call him out. To figure out which it was i would have to walk around half of Vvwardenfall until i find it again. Im not even sure i have Morrowind installed so more likely i would have to reinstall Morrowind, Download All His packs, Install them One by One, looking for the offending texture each time. and odds are the next time i have morrowind running will be when my Pentium 4 and GeForce4TI are running again (which isnt soon since i need to hunt down a motherboard for a decade old Dell Dimension)

I've decided I'll allow my mods to continue to exist here.

Also i never said Fliggerty.com was bad. I

Also whats the ruling on applications that convert assets from say, Oblivion to Skyrim, since that requires that you have both games (and there for, legally own all assosciated content) I believe those are legal atleast in the United States. Im not sure where MMH is hosted but it might vary elsewhere. Just to clarify here when your refer to the law, your talking about US law right? Law means a hell of a lot of different things in a hell of a lot of different places.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:14 am
by Leonardo
Drakkmore wrote:What I said is if the mesh, and texture are are identical to the original then the chances are 99% that it is an illegal port that somebody who wants praise, and attention is trying to claim as their own work. in other words it is stolen assets.
Which was the main reason why Qarl was banned at the official years ago.

A few years ago Candle Master at Dark Creation posted an animated GIF (sorry no link or an animated GIF) about the Ayeid texture that Qarl included in his Oblivion Texture Pack and I even, who isn't a modder, could see the similarity with the vanilla texture, which leave no doubt whatsoever that Qarl simply couldn't be the author for that Aylied texture the texture must be the original one created by Bethesda.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 1:40 am
by KyleKatarn
Good to know we cant overlook one texture out of the thousands Qarl has created.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:46 am
by Drakkmore
KyleKatarn wrote:Also whats the ruling on applications that convert assets from say, Oblivion to Skyrim, since that requires that you have both games (and there for, legally own all associated content) I believe those are legal at least in the United States. I'm not sure where MMH is hosted but it might vary elsewhere. Just to clarify here when your refer to the law, your talking about US law right? Law means a hell of a lot of different things in a hell of a lot of different places.


If you are talking about Skyblivion then We will not host it here, as it has it's own team working on it, and it appears to still incorporate some assets from Vanilla Oblivion (I say appears, because I do not use it, and as such have not had the opportunity to look into it completely). Discussion of it may be allowed (depending upon what Fliggerty has to say about it) since Bethesda has lifted their ban on discussion of Morrowblivion, Skywind, and Skyblivion either last month, or earlier this month. If you are talking about mods that port vanilla Oblivion assets to Skyrim I already mentioned in this post, that we will not tolerate mods that use assets from other games, be them TES games, Fallout games, or other games from other developers (outside of games where the studios responsible for them give consent in usage of their assets in mods for other games, such as the Witcher franchise). If you are talking about mods that use assets from Oblivion mods then they will be tolerated as long as the authors of those Oblivion mods have given permissions for other modders to use their assets. All of this was mentioned, or stated in my first post in this thread.
You may legally own the games, but you do not own the intellectual property included with the game. That belongs to the developers, and the gaming company. Bethesda owns the assets, and you agreed to that when you continued to install the games to your computer's Hard Drive.
It does not matter where you are most countries where you can purchase a Bethesda Softworks game will enforce the copyrights under which the games were released. I know that laws differ from country to country. It still is a violation of most EUAs if you make a mod using assets from one game for another then share it on the internet.

If you do not want to say which pack it is then you possibly should not have brought it up, regardless of whether or not you can remember which one it is.


Leo do you happen to know which texture pack of Qarl's has the Oblivion texture in it? That one ought to be removed from public distribution as well as Mr Swivvlier's texture pack.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:11 am
by Leonardo
KyleKatarn wrote:Hell one of Mr.Swivvlers texture packs on MMH contains the Imperial City Sidewalk Texture from Oblivion xD, and you guys never noticed.
Mr. Swivvler could actually use a resource from the Cyrodiil mod, the same Cyrodiil mod that Wolliebeebee once were a team member of, but after his computer were stolen with all his work he left the mod team.  I think a thread about the Cyrodiil mod can still be found in the Morrowind Mods forum.

Drakkmore wrote:Leo do you happen to know which texture pack of Qarl's has the Oblivion texture in it? That one ought to be removed from public distribution as well as Mr Swivvlier's texture pack.

Sorry I don't know which texture pack that had the texture perhaps every version of the QTP3 mod had the texture.  I can only guess that the last updated QTP3 mod have the Aylied texture I mention about in my previous post.

Here have I mirrored most of Qarl's Oblivion texture mods I could find on FilePlanet.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:27 am
by Drakkmore
Thank you Leo, I was under the false impression that it was Morrowind textures, but since we have not gotten the new Modding History site up yet,a nd therefore do not host Oblivion mods on OMH yet, we can not move the mod in question. I will endeavor to remember about this once the new Modding History site is up, and  Oblivion mods are being hosted by us on OMH.

If the texture in question is in fact a texture created by the Project Cyrodiil team then yes we can host that here as long as Mr Swivvler had permissions to use that texture in his mod.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:47 am
by KyleKatarn
Yes, i suppose its entirely possible that its from Project Cyrodil. I just remember walking around Vwardenfall one day and thinking ''That rock texture looks famaliar'', starting Oblivion, and seeing that it was the same rock texture from the Imperial City. Anyways Ive got morrowind downloaded so ill redownload his texture packs and see if i can find it again. Also please don't remove Qarls pack over one of several thousand textures. Its the only decent texture replacer for Oblivion. Perhaps just removed the texture in question? idk

I was going to create a thread under the Fallout subforum here, but im not sure its worth the trouble at this point.

Also why did they ban discussion of those mods in the first place? I mean, if Betheseda wants there entire community to end up hating them. There certainly on the right path to achieve just that.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 4:12 pm
by Leonardo
KyleKatarn wrote:Also why did they ban discussion of those mods in the first place? I mean, if Betheseda wants there entire community to end up hating them.

There are legal concerns and issues that Bethesda need to acknowledge.  That's why Bethesda won't allow game assets to be ported from other games, including from other TES games, to Morrowind or vice versa.

This what Pete said in 2003 about using game assets from other games and that policy will probably never change.

Re: Skyrim mods removed by Nexus Admins post them here V1

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 5:34 pm
by KyleKatarn
I have nothing further to say that would not grant me an immidiate ban from this forum.