Author: Kvatch Rebuilt Team
This mod will rebuild the city of Kvatch through several phases. Included are new armour, an arena to fight in and spectate, the opportunity to become Count(ess) of Kvatch ...
With the Expansion, you will explore the depths beneath the City of Kvatch!
Kvatch Rebuilt aims to rebuild the city of Kvatch from the ashes in which you find it, whilst blending as seamlessly as possible with the original game. The rebuilding takes place in several stages, from the clearing of the rubble to the city restored to it's former glory.
Along the way you'll find a variety of quests that introduce new locations, new characters, new armour and of course the rebuilt city to explore. Along the way you'll also have the opportunity to become the Count (or Countess!) of Kvatch, depending on how you play through bits of the mod.
The complete city also features a brand new arena, where you can entertain or be entertained. It's a bit different to the arena in the Imperial City though to keep things more interesting.
The Expansion will let you explore the ruins of old Kvatch, and even the ruins beneath that!
Requires Shivering Isles!
Extract the Kvatch Rebuilt esm, esp and BSA files to your data directory. Then, activate BOTH 'Kvatch Rebuilt.esp and 'Kvatch Rebuilt.esm' in your Oblivion launcher of choice.
If you are using OOO install the OOO Compatibility patch. If using FCOM install the FCOM Leveled guards patch (note these have not yet been fully tested as of yet). These compatibility plugins should be loaded after both Kvatch Rebuilt and the associated mod.
The mod should kick in automatically once you have completed the 'The Battle for Castle Kvatch' quest, regardless if you have already done it long before, or are just starting out. You should notice the camp move into the city and after about a week a messenger should find you.
Kvatch Rebuilt is designed in such a way that it should be possible to play through its quests with or without quest markers. If you wish to disable the quest markers, enter the console (The '/' key to the left of the '1' key) and enter:
Set KRPrelim.KRQuestMarkers to 0
To enable them again just change the 0 to a 1.
Due to the way Kvatch Rebuilt handles certain things, it is recommended you follow the uninstall path below, rather than just deactivating the plug-ins (Especially after the quest 'Blood on the Road').
In game, go somewhere well away from Kvatch and not in any Kvatch Rebuilt locations. Open up the console (The '/' key to the left of the '1' key) and enter the following:
SetStage KRUninstall 10
A message should appear asking you to save and exit. Do so, then deactivate BOTH the Kvatch Rebuilt esp and esm plug-ins. Restart Oblivion and load the save you made. Answer yes to the prompt about plug-ins having been removed. Once the game is loaded save again. That's it!
Check out the Kvatch Rebuilt Walkthrough if you are having any troubles with the mod. If you need further assistance, please contact Zaldir on the official Bethesda Forums, or Zaldiir on The Nexus. Emails can be found in the ReadMe.
- If you are using a mod that alters the ID's of certain common creatures (eg. OOO), the in the fifth quest, A Sanguine Howl, when you need to collect souls, the spell will not recognize the added creatures. Therefore Kvatch Rebuilt has extra specific spawns for the necessary creatures that will be enabled. They can be found near places that you will have visited during the Kvatch Rebuilt quest line already.
- It's obviously not best advised to run any of the other Kvatch overhaul mods alongside Kvatch Rebuilt. However, to switch from one to another it is recommended to make a save somewhere away from Kvatch, deactivate the other Kvatch mod, load you save game and resave. Exit again and activate Kvatch Rebuilt and load up your save.
- From the distance Kvatch may well still look burnt, even when the rebuild is complete.
- The ground is still burnt around the city. This is due to a limitation in the game engine.
- It is advisable to load Kvatch Rebuilt after OOO/FCOM and Better Cities.
- Most of the mod features NO voice acting, with the exception of the two main characters in the underground expansion.
Kvatch Rebuilt Team
(In alphabetical order)
Gez - Waltherp58
Kvatch Rebuilt Testers
(In alphabetical order)
It always rains at kvatch
sainta117 (for letting us use his poem)
The Gecko Team (For the wonderfully useful TES:Gecko utility)
OBSE Team (for PrintToConsole, makes bug squashing so much easier!)
Bethesda (for the game and CS)
ElminsterEU for help in cleaning the plugin and compatibility patches.
Vorians for continued support throughout KRU Development.
Arthmoor for extended support & help in cleaning the mod.
Pronam for letting us use his Ayleid trapdoor resource.