Login

Username:

Password:

Remember me

Who is online

• In total there are 19 users online :: 1 registered, 5 hidden (or bots) and 13 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
    Most users ever online was 785 on Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:28 am

Registered users: No registered users

GHF Council

Clock

Board style

ClustrMaps

• Latest global announcements

View the latest post Poll: Appearance of Modhistory 2.0

Hey all!

I need some input. You may or may not be aware that I'm currently working (albeit slowly) on Modhistory 2.0. I am a point where I am thinking heavily about the appearance of the site. As I see it, there are a few options available:

1. Keep the current theme. If I was to keep the current theme, I would make some changes; things like making it more mobile friendly, changing up how ads work, improve most of the javascript, and a bit more.
  2. Keep the current color scheme,

Views: 229  •  Comments: 17  •  Write comments [ Read all ]

View the latest post Morrowind May Modathon Month 2016

Morrowind May Modathon Month 2016
Celebrating 14 Years of Morrowind!

Description:
In the early days of May 2002, a little game came out called The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It would go on to save Bethesda Softworks from bankruptcy, sell millions of copies, and become the most popular game for modding at the turn of the century. Now, 14 years later, over 22,000 mods have been released for Morrowind between Morrowind Nexus and GHF with the modding community still going strong.

Views: 10500  •  Comments: 4  •  Write comments [ Read all ]

View the latest post Great House Fliggerty Server Migration

1, 2

Circumstances have arisen which are making a server migration necessary;  efforts to keep all outages and data loss to an absolute minimum are being made, but unforeseen things may occur.
If you are unable to access any of our sites within the next few days or experience any oddities, please be patient and try again in a few hours.

Thank you for understanding, and being patient with us during this time.

Views: 57714  •  Comments: 31  •  Write comments

• Latest news

View the latest post [REL] £exa's Dwemer Resources - Exterior Ruin Signs

Title: £exa's Dwemer Resources - Exterior Ruin Signs

Version: 1.00
Author: £exa

You can download the archive here:
http://www.elderscrollsportal.de/ressourcen/3025/
Ingame screenshots (created with the Plugin File in a Vanilla Morrowind,)
http://www.elderscrollsportal.de/ressourcen/3025/media

Readme:

This small resource will provide exterior signs as new meshes and textures for all Morrowind Dwemer colonies. The signs are heavily weathered but still show the original name, e.g. "Arkngthand", in correct Dwemer glyphs. Each sign consists of a mount and the name plaque. The meshes stack so you can place and rotate them with little to no effort in the editor. The name plaque comes in five slightly different versions, one with undamaged glass, three with broken glass fragments and one completely without glass fragments.

The colony name inscription is a separate texture file, used as a darkmap on top of the base metal texture. That way you can easily replace the basic texture (and thus the look) of the plaque, without having to create several new textures with dwemer letters - given you can use NifSkope or some modeling tool to edit the meshes.

Regarding the ruin names I took the freedom to create Dwemer names for some of the unnamed colonies (like the towers at Dagon Fel) or those that are clearly not Dwemer names (like Odrosal or Endusal). Feel free to use them as you like:

Dagon Fel / Dumchaleft
Dagoth Ur / Vvarnak Zturand
Druscashti / Drungbthingth
Endusal / Kagrendumz
Galom Daeus / Kador-Umzanch
Odrosal / Mzindor-Kazel
Tureynulal / Kagrendahrk
Vemynal / Vholenzel

As to why I decided so... it just feels wrong to see some old, worn dwemer sign with something like "Dagoth Ur" written on it.

Now, this is a modder resource. Feel free to use it in your own projects. I created all the meshes, but take note that most textures are taken from Darknut's Dwemer Textures, and some (the metals) from other sources. I renamed the textures for my own now dead project, but still had the permission to use them. If you want to use the signs, you don't need to ask me. Just add the Readme to your project, that's all I'm asking for.

You will find a plugin file in the archive. That one is for the german version of Morrowind. It's meant to demonstrate how these signs can be used. You can load the plugin together with an english version of Morrowind in your editor, but some cell names will differ, so you will get error messages. I don't have an english version any more, sorry for inconvenience.

Regards,
£exa

Views: 801  •  Comments: 0  •  Write comments [ Back ]

Poll

How should I handle the appearance (color scheme and layout) of Modhistory 2.0?

Keep the current theme
20%
Keep the current color scheme, but change up the layout
60%
Similar layout, but do a new color scheme
No votes
Build an entirely new theme and layout
20%

Total votes : 10

View topic

Newest members

Username Joined